Our commitment to your privacy
We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update the personal information we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site or contact us in any way.
Your personal information
Collecting your personal information
If you access any of our services (including supporting our campaigns, contacting us with a business enquiry or signing up for our newsletters), you will need to provide us with some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your residential or postal address.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information".
Using your personal information
We collect and use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the products and services you sign up for.
- Administer your membership of My Homecare efficiently.
- Conduct customer surveys from time to time
- Tell you about our new products and services: for example, we may email you to let you know about new services you may be interested in.
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time.
You can contact My Homecare Customer Services on 0508 HOMECARE (0508 466 322) or at
Comments and My Community contributions
When you submit a comment or review, your first name and last name initial e.g. Mary B, or your display name (if you have set one), is displayed with your comment. You can set up or change your display name in your My Homecare profile at any time.
We do not publicly display any other personal information in our My Community areas. We strongly advise that you do not post your email address, home address, phone number or other personal information as part of your My Community contributions.
Sometimes, we might want to use the messages you post on in our articles or marketing material. If so, we will endeavour to get your permission before copying or quoting your message.
Disclosing your personal information
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. But we will share your contact information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to distribute our email or print communications.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular reports); and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
Temporary cookies:?We use temporary (per-session) cookies to "remember" that a member has logged in. This means you do not have to enter your email address and password more than once during a visit.
If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you will be prompted to accept the cookie. Please select "Yes".
Our temporary cookies will disappear when you logout of your member account.
Important:?You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser.?Never?enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third party cookies and other technologies:?We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing: we use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the reports you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Geneva when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit?this page.
You can also ask your browser to delete or block third party cookies: simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions.
We may contact you to:
- Clarify details about your membership.
- Respond to any enquiries you make.
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our site.
If you are a member we may also contact you to advise of changes to our terms and conditions, services or new products or promotions.
All new members will be signed up to automatically receive email marketing communications. You can choose to remove yourself from email marketing communications by following the "unsubscribe" prompt at the bottom of each email or by updating your preferences in your My Homecare profile.
Links to other websites
Our websites provide links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third party sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
Geneva is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any privacy complaints.
For more information on privacy see the Privacy Commissioner's website.